Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2004/10/20 11:40:20 UTC

[vote] Remove Old Turbine Projects From Gump

Hi all,

We discussed this a while ago in the context of "housekeeping" the Turbine
project.  I'd like to remove these projects from Gump as they are not
maintained anymore:

jakarta-turbine-flux
jakarta-turbine-jcs
jakarta-turbine-jyve
jakarta-turbine-origami
jakarta-turbine-stratum

This would leave:
jakarta-turbine-2
jakarta-turbine-3
jakarta-turbine-fulcrum

I would also like to remove jakarta-turbine-site as it doens't need to be
gumped, it is just documentation.

+1 from me naturally...

Re: [vote] Remove Old Turbine Projects From Gump

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Eric Pugh wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>We discussed this a while ago in the context of "housekeeping" the Turbine
>project.  I'd like to remove these projects from Gump as they are not
>maintained anymore:
>
>jakarta-turbine-flux
>jakarta-turbine-jcs

jcs is maintained and used.

>jakarta-turbine-jyve
>jakarta-turbine-origami
>jakarta-turbine-stratum
>
>This would leave:
>jakarta-turbine-2
>jakarta-turbine-3
>jakarta-turbine-fulcrum
>
>I would also like to remove jakarta-turbine-site as it doens't need to be
>gumped, it is just documentation.
>
>+1 from me naturally...

Apart from jcs I am +1.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: [vote] Remove Old Turbine Projects From Gump

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

> "Eric Pugh" <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> writes:
>
> >Hi all,
>
> >We discussed this a while ago in the context of "housekeeping" the Turbine
> >project.  I'd like to remove these projects from Gump as they are not
> >maintained anymore:
>
> >jakarta-turbine-flux
>
> +1
>
> >jakarta-turbine-jcs
>
> -0 JCS is very active. Just not inside Turbine... :-)
>
> >jakarta-turbine-jyve
>
> +1
>
> >jakarta-turbine-origami
>
> +1
>
> >jakarta-turbine-stratum
>
> That code is at least still used. So it should pass the Gump
> integration tests. I'd -1 that but then I would have to go and fix the
> Gump integration myself so +0.
>
> >This would leave:
> >jakarta-turbine-2
> >jakarta-turbine-3
> >jakarta-turbine-fulcrum
>
> jakarta-turbine-component is empty
>
> jakarta-turbine-tdk ? Probably remove it, too.

I believe tdk was taken out a while back.

--
Jeffery Painter

 Kiasoft, Inc.
 2431 Reunion Meadows Lane
 Apex, NC 27539

- --
painter@kiasoft.com                     http://kiasoft.com
PGP FP: 9CE8 83A2 33FA 32B1 0AB1  4E62 E4CB E4DA 5913 EFBC

Re: [vote] Remove Old Turbine Projects From Gump

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Eric Pugh" <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> writes:

>Hi all,

>We discussed this a while ago in the context of "housekeeping" the Turbine
>project.  I'd like to remove these projects from Gump as they are not
>maintained anymore:

>jakarta-turbine-flux

+1

>jakarta-turbine-jcs

-0 JCS is very active. Just not inside Turbine... :-)

>jakarta-turbine-jyve

+1

>jakarta-turbine-origami

+1

>jakarta-turbine-stratum

That code is at least still used. So it should pass the Gump
integration tests. I'd -1 that but then I would have to go and fix the
Gump integration myself so +0.

>This would leave:
>jakarta-turbine-2
>jakarta-turbine-3
>jakarta-turbine-fulcrum

jakarta-turbine-component is empty

jakarta-turbine-tdk ? Probably remove it, too.

jakarta-turbine-torque is just a redirect to db-torque. I will ask
infrastructure to remove that.

>I would also like to remove jakarta-turbine-site as it doens't need to be
>gumped, it is just documentation.

+1

	Regards
		Henning