Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve Vernon <st...@btconnect.com> on 2003/11/03 15:37:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0

Hello,

Is Apache 2 stable with PHP and MySQL? If so, what is the stable versions I
should look for?

THanks,

Steve

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0

Posted by Joe Apache <ap...@productivitymedia.com>.
I have been using php with version 2 since it came out of beta and had
no problems thus far... The php programmers are not worried about
Apache thus the php warning text as not been updating.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0

Posted by Larry McFarlane <LM...@tconl.com>.
For what it's worth, on my site, the issue wasn't Apache's stability or
mySQL as much as it was the newer versions of php.  Apparently, there was
some dramatic changes in php that caused errors.  I'm not a php scripter,
but I have personally upgraded from
Apache 1.3.x to 2.  Our php programmer has stuck to the older versions of
php and we have had no issues.  We both want to go with the newer releases
of php, but we have both agreed to test before implementing.  Hope this
helps....

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 10:14:56 -0500 (Est), Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>
wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Steve Vernon wrote:
>
>> Hello Saqib,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply.
>>
>> Don't get me wrong, but is it stable for other people? Been working on a
>> website for a bit, and when I started everyone said 2 was unstable
>> compared
>> to 1.3. Now I'm not sure. THe PHP website still says don't use it.
>
> There was a discussion of this issue on the list within the past week.
> Check the archives.
>
> As I've mentioned before, 2.0 will never be as stable as 1.3, just like
> Windows XP will never be as stable as DOS.  1.3 is frozen except for bug
> fixes, while 2.0 has active developement work.
>
> Joshua.

"How do I set my laser printer to stun???"

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0

Posted by Steve Vernon <st...@btconnect.com>.
Hello Saqib,

Thanks for the reply.

Don't get me wrong, but is it stable for other people? Been working on a
website for a bit, and when I started everyone said 2 was unstable compared
to 1.3. Now I'm not sure. THe PHP website still says don't use it.

So does anyone have problems with 2 and PHP/MySQL?

THanks,

Steve

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0

Posted by Saqib Ali <sa...@seagate.com>.