Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/21 20:56:14 UTC

CordovaJS is broken on Android 2.x, rollback and re-tag?

Hey

We're going through the motions for release, and it seems that the we
may have to roll back the recent changes to the JS so that we can tag
for a release.  It seems that there were issues with the ArrayBuffer
changes on Android (and likely others) and the most recent work is
displaying alert errors when I start it up in Mobile-Spec.

Should we rollback and re-tag the JS (and Android)? Or should we have
an RC2 ASAP, because this candidate clearly has failed.

Joe

Re: CordovaJS is broken on Android 2.x, rollback and re-tag?

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
man, sure is nice having continuous integration. which is to say: thank you fil

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Have we identified exactly which commit(s) in JS messed stuff up?

We have a few options.

1. roll back to the last working commit. This may or may not affect two
branches that were recently merged into js: array buffers + symbol mapping.
2. go with it and get an rc2 out asap. However, this means our rc1 has a
cordova.js that does not run on Android 2.x.

I'm in favor of a) identifying when shit worked and b) rolling back to
that commit. Then keep whatever branch work that broke the JS (either
symbol mapping or array buffers) in a branch until we can all vet it some
more.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.