Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Thibodeaux, Paul" <Pa...@ps.net> on 2002/08/02 19:50:37 UTC

Bug? Incorrect Block Indenting in a table cell that was "kept tog ether"

I have a block with special indenting - start-indent="8pt"
text-indent="-8pt".  This (correctly) causes the first line to be aligned at
the right margin and all subsequent lines to be indented.

All the blocks are in single-cell tables, in order to have the block text
"keep-together" at column or page boundaries.   So far, so good.

However, when the block/cell is wrapped to the next column because it would
have spanned 2 columns, FOP generates the first line of the block with the
indent instead of not-indented.

Is this a bug or by design?  I would not have expected this behavior.

Thanks,
Paul

Re: Bug? Incorrect Block Indenting in a table cell that was "kept tog ether"

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Thibodeaux, Paul wrote:
> I have a block with special indenting - start-indent="8pt"
> text-indent="-8pt".  This (correctly) causes the first line to be aligned at
> the right margin and all subsequent lines to be indented.
>
> All the blocks are in single-cell tables, in order to have the block text
> "keep-together" at column or page boundaries.   So far, so good.
>
> However, when the block/cell is wrapped to the next column because it would
> have spanned 2 columns, FOP generates the first line of the block with the
> indent instead of not-indented.
>
> Is this a bug or by design?  I would not have expected this behavior.

Looks like a bug. Can you submit a small example?

J.Pietschmann