Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Walid Aljoby <wa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/09/06 07:44:12 UTC

Max supervisor slots

Hi Everyone,
I have a question please about the maximum typologies that can be processed by Apache storm production cluster?
Although the number of slots per supervisor is four(6700,6701,6702,6703), but when I submitted four typologies, I noted only three were running in parallel, while one of the typologies does not assigned to any worker. So I was wondering if someone help why slot 6703 does not appear to be active in the cluster..
Thanks and Regards,
--WA

Re: Max supervisor slots

Posted by Rajasekhar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi walid,

you can set no.of workers per topology, in your case it is 2. you have 4
typologies and each one has 2 i.e 8 worker slots required to run 4
typologies.
Do you have enough worker slots ? How many supervisor instances are running
? How many workers in total ?
You can find this information in STORM UI.

--
Thanks & Regards
Rajasekhar

Re: Max supervisor slots