Posted to users@flex.apache.org by pctechtv <ch...@pctechtv.com> on 2015/04/21 20:29:51 UTC

function using method name?

In an online training video I am watching the teacher in Actionscript names
his function the same name as a method of the object in the functions
context. Is this a good programing practice?
			private function navigateDown():void			{				if(!fileGrid.selectedItem)
{					var nothingSelected:NothingSelected = new NothingSelected();				}
fileGrid.navigateDown();				updatePath();			}

Re: function using method name?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 4/21/15, 11:29 AM, "pctechtv" <ch...@pctechtv.com> wrote:

>In an online training video I am watching the teacher in Actionscript
>names
>his function the same name as a method of the object in the functions
>context. Is this a good programing practice?

Personally, I don’t see anything wrong with it.  In the SDK, setActualSize
and other methods often call setActualSize on the children.

-Alex