Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/15 10:57:54 UTC

Re: Required JDK version for Clerezza (was: Compilation failure in Apache Clerezza)

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer
> <re...@trialox.org> wrote:
> > ...What java version do you have? javac -version should return 1.6 or
> > greater for clerezza to compile....
>
> Hi Bertrand,

> Shouldn't that be enforced in the clerezza parent pom then?

+1, I think it should stop building at the very beginning if we are using
lesser version of JDK.

Lahiru

--
Apache Qpid, Worlds dominant messaging middleware..!!!

Re: Required JDK version for Clerezza (was: Compilation failure in Apache Clerezza)

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Tommaso Teofili
<to...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/1/15 Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>
>

> > > Shouldn't that be enforced in the clerezza parent pom then?
> > >
> > +1, I think it should stop building at the very beginning if we are using
> > lesser version of JDK.
> >

> +1 for me too.
> Moreover also the required minimum Maven version should be there.
> e.g.:
> <prerequisites>
>    <maven>2.2.0</maven>
> </prerequisites>

I was about to write this to the list... somehow Tomasso was quick. If we
need latest maven version it should be 2.2.1. Anybody knows what is the big
deal with maven stable version 2.1.0. As far as I remember maven bundle
plugin works fine with 2.1.0.

Lahiru

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
I'm wondering which maven version is actually required, I think that
only maven 3 honored the dependency on the plugin to have the correct
build order but I'm not sure.

Cheers,
reto

Posted by Hasan <ha...@apache.org>.