Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Fernando Padilla <fe...@interdimensions.com> on 2004/01/02 17:00:48 UTC

Repository and Merlin

So I was looking at the Repository documentation on the website; I'm
wondering about the Merlin Kernel loading code difference between the
Repository Tutorial and the Merlin Sample Code we've been discussing.

http://avalon.apache.org/repository/start/tutorial/index.html

The tutorial uses the simple DefaultInitialContext constructor and simple
Artifact.createArtifact method call.  The CVS code uses the full
DefaultInitialContext constructor and
DefaultBuilder.createImlementationArtifact.  What are the main reasons for
this? ( just trying to learn, while simplifying my code :)