Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by Hanks Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/29 10:02:49 UTC

Use ES6 js framework on Android

Weex is using custom js engine (JavascriptCore) on Android. Its version is
new and supports almost all ES6 features, except modules.

I think this is a good opportunity to use ES6 in js framework and remove
useless polyfills. It can improve the js runtime efficiency on Android.

However, we can't upgrade the js engine on iOS. For compatibility reasons,
we have to use the js framework in ES5 on iOS. The packaging process may
need to change too, and how to maintain version consistency is also a
problem.

What do you think fellows?

Best regards, Hanks

Re: Use ES6 js framework on Android

Posted by xing zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
cool, it is a very good news.

Posted by wentao shi <to...@gmail.com>.
cool, on this case,  after we change to ES6 js framework, android
Performance will be improved