Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Muhammed Favas <fa...@expeedsoftware.com> on 2019/10/22 10:41:30 UTC

Write python dataframe to ignite table.

Hi,

Is there a way to bulk load python dataframe values to ignite table?

Regards,
Favas

Re: Write python dataframe to ignite table.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Andrey, Alexey, Nikolay,

Do we have any solutions for calling Ignite + Spark implementation from
Python?

-
Denis

Posted by Muhammed Favas <fa...@expeedsoftware.com>.
Hi Ilya,

Thanks for the response!!

My requirement to have the flexibility to map the csv column to specific table column.
The file I may be getting will have more columns and I want to import some specific set of columns to my table. I assume that flexibility is not available currently in COPY command.

Right now I have achieved it through spark dataframe for mapping the column and bulk insert into ignite. It is moreover giving nearly same performance as ignite COPY command.

Regards,
Favas

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
Ah, sorry. When I see “DataFrame” I immediately think of Spark.

While that would be a great addition, I don’t think the Python thin-client currently supports DataFrames. I think your two options are to use Spark DataFrames or loop through, using put/putAll to import that data. Three options if you include creating a patch for the thin-client ;)

Regards,
Stephen

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.