Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Levy Meny <Me...@comverse.com> on 2013/05/01 08:09:04 UTC

HBase cluster replication firewall rules

Hi,
We are using HBase replication (over Apache 0.94.2) between two sites and we need to define firewall rules between the two sites.
Can anyone provide some information regarding the ports that are used between the sites?

Our understand is:
Replication is from site1  to site2.

*         Region Server (site1) to Region Server (site2), port 60020

*         Region Server (site1) to ZooKeeper (site2), port 2181

*         ZooKeeper (site1) to ZooKeeper (site2) Which of the following ports do we need: 2181, 2888, 3888?

Also, what protocol is used (is IPC simple generic TCP?)

Thanks,

Meny Levy
R&D
IP & Messaging
Comverse - Making Your Network Smarter

T   +972-3-7663350
M +972-52-8543350
Meny.Levy@comverse.com <ma...@comverse.com>
www.comverse.com<http://www.comverse.com/>
P Please think of the environment before printing this email

"This e-mail message may contain confidential, commercial or privileged information that constitutes proprietary information of Comverse Technology or its subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any review, use or distribution of this information is absolutely prohibited and we request that you delete all copies and contact us by e-mailing to: security@comverse.com. Thank You."