Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lauren Commons <lh...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/21 13:54:33 UTC

Web Application Manager / Installation problem

I have a problem using the Web Application Manager
with version 4.1.24 (running on AIX)
If we use the application manager to _remove_ an
application, we can confirm that the war file and
installation directory are removed.
If we then use the app manager to install a new,
modified war file, the OLD application is installed.
Modifications are not reflected; new files are not
included.
If we unzip the new war file in place, then the new
app is installed properly.  Otherwise, the old app (or
perhaps the old war file) is reinstalled.
If we stop and restart Tomcat then the new war file is
installed properly.

I have confirmed, using a different Tomcat
installation on Windows 2k, that this function works
fine.

Thanks.