Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> on 2010/01/16 13:46:50 UTC

[VOTE FAILED] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.7

Voting for the 5.1.0.7 has failed - here are the individual votes:

Andreas Andreou: +1 (binding)
Howard M. Lewis Ship: +0 (binding)
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +0 (binding)

Igor Drobiazko: +1
Dan Adams: +1
Massimo Lusetti: +1
Daniel Jue +1
Robert Zeigler: -0
Dmitry Gusev: -1
Ulrich Stärk: +0

I guess we need to reopen or create a new issue that describes what
was mentioned in this discussion & all interested parties should comment
and/or help on that.

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer

Re: [VOTE FAILED] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.7

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 4:46 AM, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
> Voting for the 5.1.0.7 has failed - here are the individual votes:
>
> Andreas Andreou: +1 (binding)
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +0 (binding)
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo: +0 (binding)
>
> Igor Drobiazko: +1
> Dan Adams: +1
> Massimo Lusetti: +1
> Daniel Jue +1
> Robert Zeigler: -0
> Dmitry Gusev: -1
> Ulrich Stärk: +0
>
> I guess we need to reopen or create a new issue that describes what
> was mentioned in this discussion & all interested parties should comment
> and/or help on that.

Agreed.  For me the core of the issue is that the client should not be
able to list a directory remotely, and  certain files may only be
accessed if allowed.  I'd like to restore T4's approach, that
protected files can still be exposed to the user, as long as they are
accompanied by a hash code that proves that the application extended
access to them.  Sensible defaults: hibernate.cfg.xml, for example,
should be protected.  Also, a way to turn off Tapestry's behavior with
context assets, in case the context has its own security configuration
(otherwise, Tapestry becomes a way around that security).

> --
> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> Tapestry / Tacos developer
> Open Source / JEE Consulting