Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Celinio Fernandes <cf...@pagesjaunes.fr> on 2005/08/02 11:15:26 UTC

RE : ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

I got my answer, I need to use:
   instruction.close();

Still, does anyone know a proper way to do it with Xmlbeans ?
Thanks

To : user@xmlbeans.apache.org
Object : ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

Hi,

I would like to make sure this error has nothing to do with XMLbeans. I
am executing a SELECT query each time I have a father tag, to get
information about him, passing the son and daughter as arguments to the
SELECT query. There are like 1000 fathers, and the maximum open cursors
in Oracle is limited to 50.

</grandfather>
	<father>
		<son>aaa</son>
		<daughter>bbb</daughter>
	</father>
	<father>
		<son>ccc</son>
		<daughter>ddd</daughter>
	</father>
	<father>
		<son>eee</son>
		<daughter>fff</daughter>
	</father>
	etc ...
<grandfather>

So, before digging into the JDBC stuff, i would like to make sure: Does
Xmlbeans handle queries differently ? I mean I do not open any cursor
when I execute a SELECT query. So where do these open cursors come from
?

Also, if you know another way to do it, please let me know.

Thanks for your feedback.