Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/12 15:45:01 UTC

Poll: HBase usage by HBase version

Hi,

Let's see where we are! :)

1-question poll:
http://blog.sematext.com/2015/03/11/hbase-poll-version/

Btw:
6 months ago the guess was that HBase version usage distribution was:
60% 0.94
30% 0.96
10% 0.98

Another person said:

*Now that 0.96 has been EOL'd you should see users migrating to 0.98
rapidly, so the number should be more like 50% 0.94, 40% 0.98 10% 0.96
within the next few months*

See http://search-hadoop.com/m/DHED4VXL6y

Thanks!
Otis

Re: Poll: HBase usage by HBase version

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Esteban, yup, I remember your comment from back then and your name :)
I think your observations were & are right.  Surprising number of people
still on 0.94.

Bryan, yes, I see why people are still on 0.94.x.  We were on it for a
looooong time, too, for the same reason.  Sorry for the poor labeling. I
didn't mean to imply things with that, but it looks like I inadvertently
did.

Lars, true.... but we'll leave that for another poll :)

In the mean time, people, a few more votes, please:
http://blog.sematext.com/2015/03/11/hbase-poll-version/

Thanks,
Otis

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Otis,

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I promised the results.  Here they are, along with a short commentary:
http://blog.sematext.com/2015/03/23/poll-results-hbase-version-distribution/

Otis

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Otis Gospodnetic <

Posted by Bryan Beaudreault <bb...@hubspot.com>.
Super useful, thanks Dave!

Posted by Dave Latham <la...@davelink.net>.

Posted by Bryan Beaudreault <bb...@hubspot.com>.