Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Raja.Aravapalli" <Ra...@target.com> on 2017/08/24 17:04:10 UTC

Security Control of running Flink Jobs on Flink UI

Hi,

I have started a Flink session/cluster on a existing Hadoop Yarn Cluster using Flink Yarn-Session, and submitting Flink streaming jobs to it… and everything works fine.

But, one problem I see with this approach is:

The Flink Yarn-Session is running with a yarn application id. And this application id is visible in Yarn Resource Manager UI.

And this flink-session can be tracked from resource manager to Flink Session UI

From which other users on the Hadoop cluster was able to see and CANCEL the running Flink jobs!

Users who are browsing the UI are un-expectedly hitting the button without knowing the impact…. !! Can someone pls guide me on how to control this in UI ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Raja.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Security Control of running Flink Jobs on Flink UI

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Logged FLINK-7525, referring to this thread.

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Raja.Aravapalli <Raja.Aravapalli@target.com

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Raja,