Posted to scimple@directory.apache.org by Brian Demers <bd...@apache.org> on 2022/05/16 17:46:25 UTC

DISCUSSION: Migrate to Jakarta packages and Java 11

SCIMple hasn't had an official 1.0 release, so we don't have to worry about
breaking changes.  This means now is the perfect time to:
- swap out javax packages for the jakarta equivalent
- Set the build target to Java 11 (does anyone think we should target 17
instead?)

If no one objects I'll start hacking up some PRs!

-Brian

Re: DISCUSSION: Migrate to Jakarta packages and Java 11

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On May 16, 2022, at 12:46 PM, Brian Demers <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> SCIMple hasn't had an official 1.0 release, so we don't have to worry about
> breaking changes.  This means now is the perfect time to:
> - swap out javax packages for the jakarta equivalent
> - Set the build target to Java 11 (does anyone think we should target 17
> instead?)
>
> If no one objects I'll start hacking up some PRs!

Brian,

Since you’re a committer and no-one else is working in there right now, I’m leaning towards (you) just committing the changes directly to the repo and not having to submit PRs.

Not that I don’t appreciate the extra step.  Worst case scenario we can just revert if we determine a misstep was taken later.

In any case, it’s great to see some activity going on in Scimple!

—
Shawn