Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by XiDuo You <ul...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/19 07:48:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Kyuubi(Incubating) v1.3.1-incubating RC0

Hello Incubator Community,

The Apache Kyuubi community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache Kyuubi(Incubating) version v1.3.1-incubating RC0.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Kyuubi community vote thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@kyuubi.apache.org/msg01139.html

Kyuubi community vote result thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@kyuubi.apache.org/msg01156.html

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Kyuubi v1.3.0-incubating
[ ] +0

To learn more about Apache Kyuubi (Incubating), please see
https://kyuubi.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v1.3.1-incubating-rc0 (commit ff9bab6):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/tree/v1.3.1-incubating-rc0

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/kyuubi/v1.3.1-incubating-rc0/

Signatures used for Kyuubi RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/kyuubi/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekyuubi-1012/

The commit list since the RC0:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/compare/v1.3.0-incubating...v1.3.1-incubating-rc0

Thanks,
Xiduo You

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kyuubi(Incubating) v1.3.1-incubating RC0

Posted by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org>.
Got it, thanks for the clarification.

Thanks,
Cheng Pan

Posted by ju...@classsoftware.com.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> One further question, as we already have such declarations in our NOTICE
> file,
> does it mean we can eliminate other declarations if we use code from Apache
> TLPs?
>
>> This product includes software developed at
>> The Apache Software Foundation (https://www.apache.org/).

Yes you inly ned to mention that once.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kyuubi(Incubating) v1.3.1-incubating RC0

Posted by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Posted by XiDuo You <ul...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the explanation, we don't use the cryptographic code of Spark,
and will remove those parts in the NOTICE file before the next release.

Thanks,
Cheng Pan

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Thanks for voting and questions.

> Is the statement "This distribution includes cryptographic software.” in
the NOTICE file correct?

It is from Spark NOTICE files.

Because Kyuubi copies some source code from Apache Spark, then we append
the content of
Spark NOTICE into the Kyuubi NOTICE file.

Correct us if it's not correct practice.

Thanks,
Cheng Pan

Posted by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org>.
+1, carried from dev@kyuubi

Thanks,
Cheng Pan

Posted by Xun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding) from me,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

I quickly checked:

- version contains incubating
- LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER files are there and look good
- signatures looks good
- ASF headers are present in source files, and source compile
- No binary files found in source distribution

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org>.