Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Cliff Rowley <cl...@onsea.net> on 2002/09/09 09:00:00 UTC

Re: Actions and set-property (sort of solved)

Me again :)

I've sort of solved it, in that I have implemented the required bits for
the set-property in the CVS source.

Nice codebase, took me a little under an hour to work out where I was
and implement it.  The changes were quite small, two methods added to
ActionConfig (addProperty and getProperties), a change to ConfigRuleset
(to set the property/value pair - I took the example from
PlugInSetPropertyRule) and a change to
RequestProcessor.processActionCreate() to set the properties of the
newly created Action instance.

What do I do now?  I can send someone the diffs (in fact it's that
trivial that someone could do it from scratch in minutes).  It'd be nice
if this functionality was in the codebase, it would help me in my quest
for generic actions :)

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 06:42, Cliff Rowley wrote:
> Righty, just been through the CVS version (just in case) and still
> nothing.  Please someone tell me I'm looking in the wrong place :)
>
> On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 06:22, Cliff Rowley wrote:
> > I've just been through the source, and I believe the correct place the
> > the action properties should be set is in
> > RequestProcessor.processActionCreate(), but there appears to be no code
> > to that effect (Struts 1.1-b2).  I will download the nightly build now
> > (as it appears the rest of the world is asleep ;) ) and check against
> > that too.  I could be completely wrong, however - it has been known :P
> >
> > Please see my previous post too for more details.
> > --
> >
> > Regards

> Regards

Regards