Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Mueller, Oliver" <Ol...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2006/12/20 18:31:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.2 as Loadbalancer

Hi,

I am using Apache 2.2 as loadbalancer for a JBOSS-J2EE-Cluster. The
incoming calls are redirected by ajp.

This is the configuration I added to the httpd.conf

ProxyPass /FOnetConsole !
ProxyPass / balancer://FOnetCluster/
<Proxy balancer://FOnetCluster/>
   BalancerMember ajp://wnasw022:8009
   BalancerMember ajp://kpmg1:8009
</Proxy>

Additionally I activated these modules :
LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so
LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so

What is my problem?
Loadbalancing works fine. But I wolud like to log to which balancemember
the http calls are redirceted to.
Thus I configured logging for the access log like this:

CustomLog logs/access.log "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b
%{BALANCER_WORKER_NAME}e"

The environment variable BALANCER_WORKER_NAME is described in apache
module mod_proxy_balancer
Nevertheless, this variable  is not resolved within the access-log. Log
entries look like this:
172.18.25.135 - - [19/Dec/2006:19:45:02 +0100] "POST /FOnetCounter
HTTP/1.1" 200 139 -

Any clue why this variable is not resolved ? Is there another way to log
the balancememeber to which a call is redirected to?

THX Oliver