Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Di...@tais.com on 2002/07/15 22:55:57 UTC

linux: is "-instances=" supposed to work?

Linux 2.4.7-10.

Downloaded Xalan-C_1_3-linux.tar.gz; tar'd it to the disk; and started
following the Xalan-C++ Release Notes.  Ran into a problem when building
the Makefile.

Makefile.in contains: "PLATFORM_COMPILE_OPTIONS=...-instances=static..."
where PLATFORM eq LINUX.

Which creates a Makefile that causes "cpp0: Invalid option
-instances=static".

I changed Makefile.in to --instances=static and got a Makefile that causes
"cpp1plus: Invalid option -finstances=static".

At that point I decided someone must have made this work and I'm clearly
doing something terribly wrong.  Can anyone offer a suggestion?

TIA