Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Mark Johnson <Ma...@flooid.com> on 2022/09/26 10:11:46 UTC

Is Artemis Production Ready?

Although Artemis is at Release 2, I cannot find a direct statement in the online documentation that Artemis is production ready. In contrast, this page suggests that Artemis is not production ready https://activemq.apache.org/activemq-artemis-roadmap.

Naturally, I must provide evidence that Artemis is considered production ready by the ActiveMQ team before investing any further effort in deploying and testing Artemis to replace Classic.

We are considering Artemis simply because the reporting performance of Artemis is significantly higher than Classic.

 ​​
  Mark

Johnson
  Principal Product Architect

  Flooid, PCMS House, Torwood Close
  Westwood Business Park
  Coventry, CV4 8HX, United Kingdom
  T: +442475269508
  M: 07764305692
  E: Mark.Johnson@flooid.com
  flooid.com<https://www.flooid.com/>
Click here to send me something sensitive or securely!<https://sendsafely.pcmsgroup.com/u/Mark.Johnson%40flooid.com>
[Download now]<https://www.incisiv.com/playbook-unified-commerce-for-grocery-convenience-retail>
The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, the use of this information or any disclosure, copying or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The views expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be the views of Flooid Ltd and should not be taken as authority to carry out any instruction contained. Flooid Ltd reserves the right to monitor and examine the content of all e-mails. Flooid Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1459419 whose registered office is at PCMS House, Torwood Close, Westwood Business Park, Coventry CV4 8HX, United Kingdom. VAT No: GB 705338743.

Re: Is Artemis Production Ready?

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I would refer to the documentation of ActiveMQ artemis itself:

https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/

noting that 2.26.0 is being uploaded now:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/versions.html

--
Clebert Suconic

RE: Is Artemis Production Ready?

--
Clebert Suconic

RE: Is Artemis Production Ready?

Posted by Mark Johnson <Ma...@flooid.com>.
I'm in the process of benchmarking Classic with both single and multi kahaDb, and now Artemis.

My default strategy is to benchmark each component in isolation with as realistic workloads as I can get, to breaking point with load generators. Then adding apps etc to assemble a wider subset of the solution and benchmarking again.

That gives me an indication of how much headroom each component has rather than a simple pass/fail at stated load.

Posted by Edson Richter <ed...@hotmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: Is Artemis Production Ready?

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

RE: Is Artemis Production Ready?

Posted by Mark Johnson <Ma...@flooid.com>.
> <fr...@openobject.fr> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > /"the reporting performance of Artemis is significantly higher than
> > Classic"/
> >
> > I'm very interested about such of reporting performance between
> > Artemis and AMQ.

This was the best benchmark I found back from 2017: https://softwaremill.com/mqperf-2017/#summary
ActiveMQ Classic was dropped from subsequent benchmarks.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: Is Artemis Production Ready?

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.