Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Wonsik Jung <jw...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/22 04:18:23 UTC

Developer mail list

Hello guys,

I am a java developer and I want to contribute to your project.

Thanks

Wonsik.

Re: Developer mail list

Posted by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.
Hi Wonsik,

     That is great!  I would suggest starting with several things:

1) Sign up on the mailing lists, instructions are here:
http://pivot.apache.org/lists.html

2) Download the source code from "svn" or use "git", starting with the
instructions here: http://pivot.apache.org/svn.html

3) Try to build using Apache Ant.

4) Alternatively you can start with the existing 2.0.5 release and the
Tutorials and such by following the instructions here:
http://pivot.apache.org/getting-started.html

5) Ask questions, try things out, look at the examples, test programs,
demos, etc.  There is a good overview of how to get involved with Apache
projects here: http://community.apache.org/newcomers/

     Let us know how we can help.  Currently the push is to "finish" the
new 2.1 version and get it released.  You can see some of the pending
issues here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-1028?jql=project%20%3D%20PIVOT%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.1

     Have you contributed to other open source projects before? Do you
have specific interests or uses for Pivot in mind?

Sincerely,
Roger Whitcomb