Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rashko Rejmer <rr...@iguanait.com> on 2008/06/09 20:24:25 UTC

Manual promotions problem

Hi all,

When we apply manual promotion to the shopping cart and then add another
item - manual promotions are erased.
The same occurs if you try to edit already created order.

Is this implemented this way by design or storing already applied manual
promotions is missing functionality?

Thanks in Advance,
Rashko Rejmer

Re: Manual promotions problem

Posted by Rashko Rejmer <rr...@iguanait.com>.
Sorry David, probably my explanation was too short.

By "manual promotions" I mean the box that appears in order entry screen
when there are promotions, associated to the current store with
ProductStorePromoAppl.manualOnly = Y flag.
These promotions are not applied automatically to orders.

The problem that I have noticed is:
Apply manually promotion to an order/shopping cart. Then perform an
operation that triggers promotion recreation(adding cart item, changing
price, applying another promotion.... mostly every order/cart change
operation). The result is that manually applied promotions are not
recreated - they are ignored.
E.g if you create an order to which you have manually applied a
promotion, and then you try to edit one of the order items of this
order(from order summary screen), all manually applied promotions are
lost, and you are not able to apply them to the order again.

I think that It would be good if manually applied promotions were
recreated automatically after every promotion recreation. I was
wandering if there are some good reasons not to do this?

Regards,
Rashko Rejmer

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.