Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jim Horner <jh...@arinbe.com> on 2004/01/11 07:11:42 UTC

[Woody] Select List inside Repeater Widget

Hi,

Has anyone tried or is it possible to use a selection list inside a repeater
widget that changes a second selection list inside the same repeater widget?
I don't know how to better describe it. An example, I have a page which
allows the user to fill in Part data, name, number, etc. At the bottom of the
page I would like the user to be able to input alternate parts. The alternate
parts is the repeater. Inside the alternate parts is two selection lists. One
is a part name and the other is a part number. When the user changes the part
name, the part number selection list will fill in. This is similar to the car
selector example; make/model except in a repeater.

The problem is when <wi:styling submit-on-change="true" /> fires, the
flowscript errors out with

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid submit id (no such widget):
alternateParts.0.alt.partName

If this is not possible that is fine. I think I am getting a little carried
away with all of the power of flowscript and woody. I'll have to display the
input a bit different is all.

Below is a snippet of my definition. I also just realized the javascript is
wrong because I don't know the name of the widget, for example,
alternateParts.0.alt.partName; I won't know the 0 or 1 or 2, etc to fill in
the part numbers row selection list. I'm thinking what I am trying to do is
not possible.

Thanks,

Jim

<!-- Alternate Parts -->
<wd:repeater id="alternateParts">
	<wd:label>Alternate Parts</wd:label>

  	<wd:widgets>
       		<wd:output id="alt.partOid">
        		<wd:datatype base="string"/>
        	</wd:output>

        	<wd:field id="alt.partName" required="true">
        		<wd:label>Part Name</wd:label>
         		<wd:datatype base="string" />
       			<wd:selection-list
       						src="cocoon:/selector-partNames.xml"
       						dynamic="true"/>

      			<wd:on-value-changed>
       				<javascript>
    [snip]
       				</javascript>
      				</wd:on-value-changed>
    			</wd:field>

    			<wd:field id="alt.partNumber" required="true">
      				<wd:label>Part Number</wd:label>
      				<wd:datatype base="string"/>
      				<wd:selection-list>
        				<wd:item value="">
          					<wd:label>Select a part name first.</wd:label>
        				</wd:item>
      				</wd:selection-list>
     			</wd:field>
				<wd:booleanfield id="alt.select">