Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by RJ Nowling <rn...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/21 01:17:31 UTC

Really slow downloads of pom files for Hadoop mini KDC

Hi all,

Has anyone else noticed that the Hadoop mini KDC module is taking forever
to download the pom files for its dependencies?

I'm finding it impossible to review any patches. :(

RJ

Re: Really slow downloads of pom files for Hadoop mini KDC

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
hi

I have the free nexus server running as a caching proxy in front of my docker compiles, which speeds up downloads tremendously. I didn't count but at least 2/3 of all artifacts even from https:// repos are cached.

i added 5 or so dependency repos on the server and generated an .m2/settings.xml with each repo before running gradle on the maven client side

i didn't got the gradle dependencies through the proxies, and haven't looked at ivy.

Since the config is a bit fragile, maybe it is possible to place nexus in a container with a persistent dir chaining the ports together with the slave builds?

I can post the jenkins script sniplet and nexus config later today if someone likes to improve or dockerize it.

Olaf

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.