Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com> on 2012/09/01 00:57:13 UTC

Re: Rule updates are too old

On 8/31/2012 4:47 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> On 08/31, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>> On 8/31/2012 10:57 AM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
>>> Any chance the recent lack of updates while we've apparently had enough
>>> corpora are related to this rsync permissions problem you found not long
>>> ago?  Did the scripts get updated to fix it automatically?
>> No, I'm virtually positive it has to do with the missed corpora for
>> weekends.  For reasons I don't know, the mass check algorithms use
>> both daily and weekly together for every single build.  If the
>> weekend builds fail to get enough corpora, it's definitely another
>> week until we generate rules.
> Ah.  I used to think that, but then there was a time it worked anyway....
> Huh.

Based on

do-nightly-rescore-example...

This logic leads me to believe that the weekly and daily scores are used every single day.  Only once a week they change orders for which one is generated first.

if [ `date +%w` -eq 0 ]; then
   ./generate-new-scores 0
   ./generate-new-scores 1
   REVISION=`grep "revision .*" scores-set1 | cut -d" " -f9`
else
   ./generate-new-scores 1
   ./generate-new-scores 0
   REVISION=`grep "revision .*" scores-set0 | cut -d" " -f9`
fi

A failure on either weekly or the daily exits.  So the current failure
for the weekly scan fails every daily until the next week.

I could be wrong but that's how I read it and the stuff I added to the
cron output leads me to believe that my hypothesis is accurate.

regards,
KAM