Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/24 21:44:36 UTC

Spark textarea intercept each character

I need to run some code every time a user changes a text in TextArea
without leaving the control. Which event should I listen to?

Thanks

Re: Spark textarea intercept each character

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Lee Burrows
<su...@leeburrows.com>wrote:

> TextEvent.TEXT_INPUT

The docs say that TEXT_INPUT is "Dispatched when a keystroke is about to be
input to the component. "   That would be before the 'change' event, right?

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.
It fires but the text is null.

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.
TextEvent.TEXT_INPUT

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: Spark textarea intercept each character

Posted by Jesse Ward-Karet <jw...@tanium.com>.
Pretty sure you want TextOperationEvent.CHANGE.

Posted by JP Bader <jp...@zavteq.com>.
Even though it's from Ad*be, the docs are still relevant:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/spark/components/TextInput.html#eventSummary

Check there for the relevant events of the Spark TextInput control

or even:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/spark/components/supportClasses/SkinnableTextBase.html#event:textInput

--
JP Bader
Principal

Re: Spark textarea intercept each character

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.