Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Christofer.Dutz@univativ.de" <ch...@univativ.de> on 2006/08/03 10:24:58 UTC

[CForms] Caching of suggestion-lists?

Hi,

after sorting out tons and tons of problems, I finally managed to get my suggestion lists context-sensitive. Now if someone selects a country in one suggestion-list the zip-codes of the second suggestion list are filtered for that country. Everything works fine except one thing:

If for example I set the country to 'D' for Germany and enter a zip code '642' then correctly all German zip codes starting with '642' are shown. If I switch to 'E' for Spain and start entering '642' then the German codes are shown again only when entering a value not used till now a new ajax suggestion-list reload is done (Had a tcp monitor in between so I could see that nothing is happening).

How can I turn off this caching of suggestion-lists? (Yes the content is generated by a "nonchaching" pipeline - just in case you wanted to ask this now ;) )

Regards,

    Chris

[ c h r i s t o f e r   d u t z ]

IT-Berater

univativ GmbH & Co. KG

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt

fon: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 21

fax: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 29

email: christofer.dutz@univativ.de

http://www.univativ.de

Darmstadt, Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Düsseldorf

AW: [CForms] Caching of suggestion-lists?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <du...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Reijn

The communication is done server side and is partially custom built. The
communication is done using simple on-value-change events defined for the
widgets.

The custom thing is that the suggestion-list generator can not generate
context-sensitive lists. That is why I created my on mechanism for
generating them.

I will write a summary to all after finishing all, because I think it might
be helpful.

The problem I am having is that the suggestion-list code caches its content
if I enter "123" once and later on once again, no updated suggestion-list is
requested but it simply displays the last one. I just want to have a hint to
where I can turn that off.

Chris

i do not have a lot of experience with the suggestion-list widget, but
it seems you try to couple two widgets. Is the communication between
these two suggestion lists custom build or is this default in Cocoon. If
it's custom I guess this is based on a javascript call to the second
suggestion list. Are you sure this event is triggered?

Regards,

Reijn

Re: [CForms] Caching of suggestion-lists?

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl>.
Hi Christofer,