Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Gurminder Gill <gu...@hotmail.com> on 2013/04/10 06:22:15 UTC

CDH4 + Cassandra 1.2 Integration Issue

I was able to start a MR job after patching Cassandra.Hadoop as per
CASSANDRA-5201 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5201>.

But then, ColumnFamilyRecordReader pukes within the MapTask. It is unable
to read CF definition in the sample keyspace. The CF "user" does exist.

*How can "cf_defs" below be possibly empty? Any pointers?*

*KsDef.toString() during Read Operation from within the MapTask :-*
*
*
KsDef(name:wordcount,
strategy_class:org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy,
strategy_options:{replication_factor=1}, *cf_defs:[]*, durable_writes:true)

*Output from cqlsh :-
*

cqlsh> describe keyspace wordcount;

CREATE KEYSPACE wordcount WITH replication = {
  'class': 'SimpleStrategy',
  'replication_factor': '1'
};

USE wordcount;

CREATE TABLE user (
  id int PRIMARY KEY,
  age int,
  fname text,
  lname text
) WITH
  bloom_filter_fp_chance=0.010000 AND
  caching='KEYS_ONLY' AND
  comment='' AND
  dclocal_read_repair_chance=0.000000 AND
  gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
  read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
  replicate_on_write='true' AND
  compaction={'class': 'SizeTieredCompactionStrategy'} AND
  compression={'sstable_compression': 'SnappyCompressor'};

Re: CDH4 + Cassandra 1.2 Integration Issue

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
cqlsh in cassandra 1.2 defaults to cql 3.
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton