Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Nate Drake <nd...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/16 19:36:23 UTC

Constant configuration issue with struts.custom.i18n.resources

I'm trying out the new constant configuration stuff in Struts 2.0.3, and I'm
having trouble getting struts.custom.i18n.resources set.  When defined in
struts.properties, our custom ResourceBundle class is used by the framework.
When I define it in struts.xml, our class is not used.

The definition in struts.xml looks like this:

<constant name="struts.custom.i18n.resources" value="com.example.BlahBundle"/>

Other constants (struts.devMode, struts.ui.theme, etc) defined in struts.xml
work fine.  I'm still seeing this issue when using Struts 2 built from the
STRUTS_2_0_3 tag.  Should struts.custom.i18n.resources be settable in struts.xml?

Thanks!

Nate

Re: Constant configuration issue with struts.custom.i18n.resources

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
You are correct - this property is only used when defined in
struts.properties, however, I agree it should be more flexible.  Open up
a JIRA ticket to ensure it gets addressed in the next release.

Don