Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Darren Davison <da...@davisononline.org> on 2010/06/01 16:37:46 UTC

ExchangeTimedOutException

hi

I have a route that takes a message from a queue, passes it to a
servicemix-http component and places the response on another queue.

When I inject a message to the input queue, I see the http component being
invoked and I see the output message placed on the output queue (can browse
or peek it using Hermes JMS for example).  All looks good, however, 20s
after this I get a org.apache.camel.ExchangeTimedOutException and the output
message is deleted from the output queue.

What am I missing here?

Cheers.

route as follows:

<camel:route>
  <camel:from uri="activemq:IN"/>
  <camel:inOut uri="nmr:{urn:oms}foo:fooEP"/>
  <camel:to uri="activemq:OUT"/>
</camel:route>

servicemix component config:

<bean class="org.apache.servicemix.common.osgi.EndpointExporter" />
<context:property-placeholder
    location="file:${karaf.home}/etc/oms.properties"/>

<http:provider service="oms:foo"
               endpoint="fooEP"
               locationURI="${location.url}">
    <http:ssl>
        <http:sslParameters keyPassword="${ssl.cert.keypass}"
                            keyStore="${ssl.cert.keystore}"
                            keyStorePassword="${ssl.cert.keypass}"
                            trustStore="${ssl.fp.cert.truststore}"
                            trustStorePassword="${ssl.cert.keypass}"/>
    </http:ssl>
 </http:provider>

--
Darren Davison
Public Key: 0xE855B3EA

Re: ExchangeTimedOutException

Posted by iocanel <ca...@upstreamsystems.com>.

darren.davison wrote:

> What fundamental thing am I not seeing in working with camel-nmr??  Is
> there
> anyone who can tell me why this should fail to transmit an IN message to
> the
> servicemix Exchange?

Hi Darren,

There are a few reasons, why this may be happening.
Keep in mind that camel will have to convert the in message to xml in order
to send it to nmr.

-----
Ioannis Canellos
http://iocanel.blogspot.com/ http://iocanel.blogspot.com/

Re: ExchangeTimedOutException

Posted by Darren Davison <da...@davisononline.org>.
Hi,

this worked in that the response mesasge now remains on the output queue.
Thanks for that.  Unfortunately, the input message is going missing before
it reaches the backend service.

Trace logging shows that a 0 byte length request is being sent to the
back-end service which predictably returns an error response.  I'm in the
process of setting up a test harness to remove the SSL complexity I have
with the real service, but in principal the 2 line route described in XML
below is causing the servicemix-http component to view the incoming message
as being empty.

What fundamental thing am I not seeing in working with camel-nmr??  Is there
anyone who can tell me why this should fail to transmit an IN message to the
servicemix Exchange?

Cheers,

Posted by iocanel <ca...@upstreamsystems.com>.