Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Damian Burke <da...@lucent.com> on 2000/02/25 20:10:22 UTC

Xerces-perl install

Hi ,

    Quick question from a newbie... Does anyone have
any tips on installing xerces-perl onto UNIX?
makefile changes or anything else?

    Thanks,
    Damian

Re: Xerces-perl install

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <je...@ncgr.org>.
What version of Unix are you using?

I have gotten it running under debian linux for PPC, and Harmon Nine
has it running under linux for x86 (I believe). It wasn't that
dificult, and didn't require any major changes (mostly file name
capitalization fixes). We are in the process of preparing a joint
patch file to submit to the list including a number of auxillary code
that Harmon has written to enable exception handling via the perl
interface.

Problem is Harmon's out off internet contact until the beginning of
next week. If you can't wait I can send a minor patch to get it
running at least.

jas.

Damian> Hi ,
Damian>     Quick question from a newbie... Does anyone have
Damian> any tips on installing xerces-perl onto UNIX?
Damian> makefile changes or anything else?

Damian>     Thanks,
Damian>     Damian