Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shamik Bandopadhyay <sh...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/14 21:47:54 UTC

Query function error - can not use FieldCache on multivalued field

Hi,

  I'm trying to use Solr query function as a boost for term matches in the
title field. Here's my boost function

bf=if(exists(query({!v='title:Import data'})),10,0)

This throws the following error --> can not use FieldCache on multivalued
field: data

The function seems to be only working for a single term. The title field
doesn't support multivalued but it's configured to analyze terms. Here's
the field definition.

<field name="title" type="textfield" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="false" termVectors="true" termPositions="true"
termOffsets="true" />

I was under the impression that I would be able to use the query function
to evaluate a regular query field. Am I missing something? If there's a
constraint on this function, can this boost be done in a different way?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shamik