Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by Jackson Pinheiro <jk...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/28 13:04:58 UTC

Documentation about portuguese dictionary files

Hi.
I´m contacting you because I didn´t find the documentation about the
dictionary files, so I´m asking for a little help.

In this link
http://openoffice.caixamagica.pt/stable/3.0.1/extensions/Dictionary_pt/oo3x-pt-PT.oxtI
found the files of dictionary that I mentioned. I would like to
understand the meaning of "parameters" in each line, for example:

abóbora/p    [CAT=nc,G=f,N=s]

The word is "abóbora", but what´s "/p" after word means? And
[CAT=nc,G=f,N=s]?

Could you tell me or send me a link where I can find this information?

Thanks.

*
Jackson Pinheiro*

Re: Documentation about portuguese dictionary files

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Jackson Pinheiro wrote:
> I´m contacting you because I didn´t find the documentation about the
> dictionary files, so I´m asking for a little help.

Hi, the dictionaries are not OpenOffice-specific. OpenOffice uses a tool
named Hunspell, and you can find the Hunspell documentation here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hunspell/files/Hunspell/Documentation/

The file "hunspell4.pdf" covers what you need.

If you wish to contribute an enhanced Portuguese dictionary to
OpenOffice, you are welcome to do it! In case, please contact our
Localization list:

   Andrea.