Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Mark Goodhand <mr...@decisionsoft.com> on 2005/10/26 02:52:47 UTC

Is cos-equiv-derived-ok-rec validated in Xerces-J 2.7.1?

I recently validated a schema which I expected to violate
cos-equiv-derived-ok-rec, but Xerces did not report an error.

AFAICT, the string cos-equiv-derived-ok-rec does not appear anywhere in
the current codebase (CVS, as of 2005-10-25).  Searching back through
the CVS history, it appears that cos-equiv-derived-ok-rec was in the
resource bundle XMLSchemaMessages.properties in revision 1.67, but was
removed in 1.68.

In the 2.4.0 source, the *only* place the string
cos-equiv-derived-ok-rec occurs is in XMLSchemaMessages.properties.

I assume I must be missing something, because it appears that this
constraint has never been enforced.

Mark.