Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Chizzolini Stefano <ch...@csb.it> on 2004/11/22 12:38:16 UTC

stylesheet creation - visual editor or text editor?

Hi all

We are approaching the XSL-FO standard, but my boss is quite skeptical about
the way to define XSL stylesheets to get formatted contents out of our XML
files. He's especially worried about the time-consuming translation of
graphics (e.g. tables, boxes, labels...) in XSL-FO language.

I am curious to know how you solved this primary issue: do you use a visual
WYSIWYG editor or just an essential text editor?

Thanks for the tips!

Stefano

Re: stylesheet creation - visual editor or text editor?

Posted by Sven Waibel <sv...@imbus.de>.
Hi,

i think for quick creation of stylesheets you could use a WYSIWYG editor, e.g. Altova StyleVision (problem is here, you
can't reuse your old stylesheets).
I use an text editor, but it's quite uncomfortable when you have large and complex stylesheets.

Regards
Sven