Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bernat Arlandis <be...@tsolucio.com> on 2012/03/07 12:21:25 UTC

Enforce customer registration before buying

Hello everyone.

I'm trying ofbiz from the trunk (a month old checkout) for my employer,
TSolucio.

We're trying to setup a shop to sell digital products, but it seems the
only way to download them is thru the order history. That's ok but now
we want to require customers to register before buying. What's the
easiest way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Bernat Arlandis<be...@tsolucio.com>
JPL TSolució S.L.

Re: Enforce customer registration before buying

Posted by Bernat Arlandis <be...@tsolucio.com>.
On 07/03/12 14:19, Ruth Hoffman wrote:
> Hi Pierre:
> Maybe. Any suggestions on a best way to do that? I'd be interested in
> hearing about other user experiences (what works/doesn't work) for
> inserting forced registration into the existing OOTB solution.
>
> Best Regards,
> Ruth Hoffman
> http://www.myofbiz.com
>

> On 3/7/12 8:06 AM, Pierre Smits wrote:
>> Maybe Bernat wanted a more obvious self registration process before
>> letting
>> users access the webshop.

Hi Pierre:
Ruth's proposal will match what I was looking for. I'd prefer some
setting that had the same effect without touching the screen templates
but it's good enough. I'm interested to know about others' experiences too.

Thanks!

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Pierre:
Maybe. Any suggestions on a best way to do that? I'd be interested in
hearing about other user experiences (what works/doesn't work) for
inserting forced registration into the existing OOTB solution.

Best Regards,
Ruth Hoffman
http://www.myofbiz.com

On 3/7/12 8:06 AM, Pierre Smits wrote:
> Maybe Bernat wanted a more obvious self registration process before letting
> users access the webshop.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pierre
>
> 2012/3/7 Ruth Hoffman<rh...@aesolves.com>
>
>> Hi Bernat&  Hans:
>>
>> With OFBiz out-of-the-box (OOTB) you can always buy anonymously. Perhaps
>> the confusion might be in what Bernat is calling "registration". (Creating
>> an account with a user login vs. creating a unique user identifier record
>> in the Party table. A Party record is always created (OOTB) when the order
>> is created. This unique record (partyId) is what identifies "who is charged
>> for the sale". What doesn't get created automatically is the user login.
>>
>> In many business environments, "registration" suggests creating an account
>> with a user login.
>>
>> Bernat, one thing you could do is remove the "Checkout without Login"
>> link(s). There may be more than one link - since there is the one page
>> checkout and the multi-page checkout and who knows how many other examples
>> of "checking out". That way, the user is forced to create an account with a
>> login as they progress through checkout.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Ruth
>> http://www.myofbiz.com

>>> 1. Add digital product to the cart.
>>> 2. Select Checkout in the cart.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernat Arlandis <be...@tsolucio.com>.
On 07/03/12 13:47, Ruth Hoffman wrote:
> Hi Bernat & Hans:
>
> With OFBiz out-of-the-box (OOTB) you can always buy anonymously.
> Perhaps the confusion might be in what Bernat is calling
> "registration". (Creating an account with a user login vs. creating a
> unique user identifier record in the Party table. A Party record is
> always created (OOTB) when the order is created. This unique record
> (partyId) is what identifies "who is charged for the sale". What
> doesn't get created automatically is the user login.
>
> In many business environments, "registration" suggests creating an
> account with a user login.
>
> Bernat, one thing you could do is remove the "Checkout without Login"
> link(s). There may be more than one link - since there is the one page
> checkout and the multi-page checkout and who knows how many other
> examples of "checking out". That way, the user is forced to create an
> account with a login as they progress through checkout.

Yes, I was referring to that. I should have said "without creating an
account". Sorry for the confussion, and thanks to both Ruth and Hans for
your answers.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Bernat & Hans:

Posted by Bernat Arlandis <be...@tsolucio.com>.

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
without registering?

who you are going to charge for the sale?

sounds strange,

please let us know the sequence of events how you can buy without
registering....

Regards,
Hans

Posted by Bernat Arlandis <be...@tsolucio.com>.