Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2002/05/01 02:46:56 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr CHANGES

"jerenkrantz@apache.org" <je...@apache.org> wrote:

> +  *) Remove Linux atomic support since it does not have a usable
> +     userspace atomic interface.  [Justin Erenkrantz]

I believe that is at least fair that if we support atomic in APR and those
are not available in Linux, we do the same for AF_UNIX sockets which are not
available under UNIX...

I'm just _way_more_than_fine_ if we remove 'em both, otherwise APR-based
code will start to look again like a collection of #IFDEFs

    Pier

--
I think that it's extremely foolish to name a server after the current U.S.
President.                                                 B.W. Fitzpatrick

Re: cvs commit: apr CHANGES

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 01:46:56AM +0100, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> "jerenkrantz@apache.org" <je...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > +  *) Remove Linux atomic support since it does not have a usable
> > +     userspace atomic interface.  [Justin Erenkrantz]
>
> I believe that is at least fair that if we support atomic in APR and those
> are not available in Linux, we do the same for AF_UNIX sockets which are not
> available under UNIX...
>
> I'm just _way_more_than_fine_ if we remove 'em both, otherwise APR-based
> code will start to look again like a collection of #IFDEFs

I agree. +1

-aaron