Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Mike Haas <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/04 16:47:44 UTC

expose available platforms functionality

This stems from my need to hit the cordova-cli api. I need to use a yeoman
generator to scaffold out a cordova project.

I would like to expose a "smart list" of available platforms dependent on
the current OS being used. Much like what's done here:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/blob/master/src/platform.js#L180.

However, I do not want it to be filtered based on what platforms are
already installed from the current cordova project directory. Especially
since I won't be running it from a cordova project that exists at this
point (maybe this is my underlying problem).

Would a PR that exposed this be welcome?

Re: expose available platforms functionality

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Sounds similar to what is requested here (need to run outside the cordova
project context): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5673

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
A few questions:

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.
Mike Haas wrote:

>This stems from my need to hit the cordova-cli api. I need to use a yeoman
>generator to scaffold out a cordova project.
>
>I would like to expose a "smart list" of available platforms dependent on
>the current OS being used. Much like what's done here:
>https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/blob/master/src/platform.js#L180.
>
>However, I do not want it to be filtered based on what platforms are
>already installed from the current cordova project directory. Especially
>since I won't be running it from a cordova project that exists at this
>point (maybe this is my underlying problem).
>
>Would a PR that exposed this be welcome?

We¹ve been toying around with our requirements for something similar.

There are a bunch of things there which could really use a nice JSON
output format.