Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ramon Bacardi <ca...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/02 15:45:30 UTC

receive a msg from a Websphere MQ server (mq channel)

How can I receive a message from a MQ server, this is, a configuration where
remote machine defines a channel (IP+port) on which it sends its msgs ?

Re: receive a msg from a Websphere MQ server (mq channel)

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
Sorry Ramon,

Not sure I can help much here.
Camel certainly uses plain JMS APIs to connect to external JMS brokers.

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
On Feb 2, 2012, at 3:45 PM, Ramon Bacardi wrote:

> How can I receive a message from a MQ server, this is, a configuration where
> remote machine defines a channel (IP+port) on which it sends its msgs ?

I see two options:

1) You could use Apache Camel to route msgs from the MQ server to ActiveMQ. I presume you want to move the msgs to ActiveMQ? The Camel JMS component allows to connect to any JMS compliant message broker.
See http://camel.apache.org

2) You could use the JMS to JMS bridge of ActiveMQ. This works fine as well, however does not reconnect automatically when the remote JMS broker gets restarted.
See http://activemq.apache.org/jms-to-jms-bridge.html

Hope this helps.

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com