Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2012/01/09 19:05:36 UTC

Apache PDFBox January 2012 board report due

Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
month. Any comments, objections or additions? I'll submit it on Wednesday (yes,
I know, I'm a little bit late ...)

<draft>

The Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with PDF
documents.

General Comments
----------------

There are no issues that require Board attention.

Community
---------

There is a steady stream of contributions and bug reports from the
community.

Releases
--------

No release this quarter.

Development:
------------

The development on the next release is still in progress. We are currently
working on

- a new conforming parser
- improved font handling
- improved rendering
- refactoring + improved integration of preflight

Maybe our next release will be a major release, but it's still to early
to go for it as the discussion about it just started some time ago.
</draft>

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler