Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Lucas Galfaso <lg...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/17 17:20:21 UTC

Java 5 generics

Hi all,
  I've been looking into the framework code and there are large parts
of it that do not use Java 5 generics.
  Is there some interest in changing the code so the type erasure
versions are not used? This is a task that I would be willing to take.
  And a question to people that have access to the standard committee;
are there any plans to compile without the -target jsr14 flag?

Thanks,
  Lucas

Re: Java 5 generics

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 10/17/11 11:20 , Lucas Galfaso wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I've been looking into the framework code and there are large parts
> of it that do not use Java 5 generics.
>    Is there some interest in changing the code so the type erasure
> versions are not used? This is a task that I would be willing to take.

There wasn't any attempt to convert everything over to generic, I've
just converted over various pieces as I went along. If you are
interested in contributing to this, feel free. Just open up an issue and
attach patches. I'd recommend doing your patches in smaller chunks to
make them easier to review. If you end up having questions, just asking
on the issue you create. Thanks!

>    And a question to people that have access to the standard committee;
> are there any plans to compile without the -target jsr14 flag?

Not of which I'm aware. There'd have to be a decision to no longer
support older/smaller VMs first.

-> richard