Posted to women@apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2005/08/21 00:27:14 UTC

Practice of announcing newly added people

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:57:03 -0700 Danese Cooper <da...@gmail.com>
wrote on a different thread:

> BTW, announcing each new member (not waiting for them to de-lurk) is
> a Debian-Women practice that I'm trying to promote here.  Its one of
> the first FOSS patterns they changed for their own list.  They have
> found it useful (and more like how people actually act when they
> meet) to notice each new subscriber and give everyone an opportunity
> to say hello.

This startled me at first because I hadn't seen it before, but I like it.

What's "FOSS" ? A google search found http://www.fossweb.com/ .

  -jean

Re: Practice of announcing newly added people

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
> In Europe it's better known as FLOSS: Free/Libre Open Source Software.

Only by academics and guvmint/EU officials, I should add.

Re: Practice of announcing newly added people

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
In Europe it's better known as FLOSS: Free/Libre Open Source Software.

Anne

Posted by susan wu <su...@arctic.org>.