Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thierry Cools <th...@s1.com> on 2001/02/09 17:00:10 UTC

ATG web-tier

Hi, are there some people that already try to deploy the struts-example on ATG

I tried this afternoon, but I ran into problems like

"No match was found for method "setLocale(java.lang.String)"

I assume that this is a bug in ATG, this kind of bug could be solved more or less easily in struts, but I don't want to spend to much time to finaly see that is almost impossible to make it run on this server.

Thanks for your help,
Thierry

Thierry Cools

Senior Java Developer
S1 Brussels
Kleine Kloosterstraat, 23
1932 st. Stevens-Woluwe
Belgium
Tel : +32 2 200 43 82
Email : thierry.cools@s1.com

Re: ATG web-tier

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Thierry Cools wrote:

> Hi, are there some people that already try to deploy the
> struts-example on ATG I tried this afternoon, but I ran into problems
> like "No match was found for method "setLocale(java.lang.String)" I
> assume that this is a bug in ATG, this kind of bug could be solved
> more or less easily in struts, but I don't want to spend to much time
> to finaly see that is almost impossible to make it run on this
> server. Thanks for your help,Thierry

Did this error happen on a JSP page using the <html:html> tag?  If so,
it looks like ATG might have the same spec conformance problem that JRun
has.

In the <html:html> tag class (org.apache.struts.taglib.html.HtmlTag),
the "locale" property is a boolean, not a String.  The JSP container is
required to convert custom tag attributes according to the conversion
rules in Table 2-4 of the JSP 1.1 specification.  This was not clearly
spelled out in the 1.1 spec itself, but was clarified in a published
errata last April, which you can find at:

    http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/errata_1_1_a_042800.html

See item #7.

Craig McClanahan