Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sireesha Sridhara <ss...@avolent.com> on 2007/05/22 16:58:36 UTC

Re: calling other java classes and methods

Hi All,
I have a question. How can I call other external java classes and
methods from JMETER? Example, say I pass some value to a method and get
results back into some variable in JMETER. Thanks in advance.

RE:Maintaining objects

Posted by Sireesha Sridhara <ss...@avolent.com>.

Thank you everyone for the quick responses and help. One more question.
We are using JUNIT as of now for our functional automation. We are
considering JMETER.My question is like the way we can use JAVA OBJECTS
to capture and hold the data from database and use it in that whole test
plan, can we have anything like that in JMETER. OR we just have to
declare variables and get the data from database. Has anyone used JMETER
for functional testing? Any thoughts on this. Our Functional automation
covers validating not only the HTML pages but also data validation by
checking the data shown on the applicator pages against data from
Database. How flexible is JMETER with respect to this. And extensive
exception handling. Thanks in advance. We re doing our POC, but just
wanted to know if anyone has used it from this perspective.
Thanks in advance

RE: calling other java classes and methods

Posted by iblavins <ib...@temenos.com>.
G'day

One way is to write a Java sampler, put the computed result of the arbitrary
external Java method into the sampler data, and then use the regular
expression parser to parse the result into a JMeter variable.

Ian Blavins
Contract Performance Engineer
Temenos