Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk> on 2006/11/22 20:37:08 UTC

Solaris 10 Apache 2 Tomcat mod_jk

Hi,

Sorry if that this is a bit off topic but i figured someone might have
some experience.

I'm trying to get Apache 2 to use mod_jk in a Solaris 10 Zone. I have
installed the ap2_mod_jk package from blastwave with no errors. I
added the following line to the correct httpd.conf

LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so

And then try to start apache using

svcadm enable apache2

I then do svcs and it shows the following

maintenance    19:35:06 svc:/network/http:apache2

I have check the logfiles but nothing is being written to them.

The output from uname -a is

SunOS arachne 5.10 Generic_Patch_118844-30 i86pc i386 i86pc

Has anyone tried to do this?

Regards

Ben

Re: Solaris 10 Apache 2 Tomcat mod_jk

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
Chris,

Are these not binary releases then?

http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Solaris 10 Apache 2 Tomcat mod_jk

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
Chris,

Um, a good question. I thought that mod_jk was only available as
source and pkg_get -i ap2_mod_jk seemed like an easier option. Altough
it turned out to be a headache.

If i get time I might try out the binary from apache.

Ben

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Solaris 10 Apache 2 Tomcat mod_jk

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
Rainer,

I did a find for apachectl and it finds it in three locations

/usr/apache/bin/apachectl
/usr/apache2/bin/apachectl
/opt/csw/apache2/sbin/apachectl

The first is an apache 1.3 install, the second an apache 2.0.52
install the the third is an apache 2.2.3 install.

After looking at the package on the blastwave site i noticed  it has
Apache 2.2 prefork MPM as a dependancy.

Executing /opt/csw/apache2/sbin/apachectl start starts the server with
the LoadModule line in.

So from this I assume that the svcadm enable apache2 was starting the
2.0.52 instance.

Looking again at the blastware site they dont have a mod_jk package
for apache 2.0.. just 1.3 and 2.2.

Thank you for your help.

Ben

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.