Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrew Chiw <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/06 15:51:54 UTC

cloudstack-management started, tomcat 6.0.37 gives 404

Hello everybody, I’ve installed cloudstack-management, setup the databases, and started cloudstack-management, but tomcat6 still gives me a 404 on localhost:8080/client.
There are no log files created under /var/log/cloudstack-management. And I don’t know why but cloudstack-agent creates its logs under /var/log/cloudstack/agent instead. I restarted cloudstack-management again, looked at /var/log/tomcat6, which was empty too. What can I do now?

I’m running tomcat 6.0.37, upgraded to ubuntu saucy to get that.
Thanks,
Andrew

Re: cloudstack-management started, tomcat 6.0.37 gives 404

Posted by Derek Page <dp...@kayak.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Look here:
/var/log/cloudstack/management
management-server.log or catalina.out

Stop cloudstack-managment
run
$ /usr/bin/cloudstack-setup-management
and start cloudstack-managment again.

When I first set it up my puppet config was over writing my sudoers file
removing user cloud's sudo rights.
Starting cloudstack with no cloud sudo rights results in a tomcat 404.

I would start there.

--
Derek Page
Operations Engineer