Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Davide Mora <d_...@yahoo.com> on 2000/09/15 15:47:02 UTC

embedded ant

Hi,

i'm writing a code generator, and i want to use ANT as
an "embedded builder", and i had to change the
following rows in Main.java:

from:
private void runBuild() throws BuildException

to:
protected void runBuild() throws BuildException

and i inherited my class from Main:

class MyAnt extends org.apache.tools.ant.Main
{
  public MyAnt( String args[] )
  {
    super(args);
    runBuild();
  }
}

My question is: is possible get this behaviour in the
next releases? Or maybe something better?

Thank you,
Davide

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Re: embedded ant

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 DM> Hi, i'm writing a code generator, and i want to use ANT as an
 DM> "embedded builder", and i had to change the following rows in
 DM> Main.java:

Are you sure that extending Main instead of working with Project and
ProjectHelper directly really is what you want?

 DM> My question is: is possible get this behaviour in the next
 DM> releases?

changing the access modifier of runBuild? Sure.

 DM> Or maybe something better?

Tell us more. What are you thinking of?

Stefan