Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Justin Crabtree <cr...@otc.edu> on 2005/03/08 17:04:30 UTC

JNDI LDAP Resource

I am trying to setup a JNDI Resource in my server.xml for a SSL
connection to a LDAP server.  I have setup and used JDBC resources, but
I have been unable to find any examples on setting up a LDAP connection.

Is this even possible?  If so, anyone have some good examples of how to
set it up?  If not, any suggestions on how to get the connection stuff
out of the Java code and into some sort of config file?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer

Re: JNDI LDAP Resource

Posted by sudip shrestha <su...@gmail.com>.
At the moment, Tomcat does not support JNDIRealm for LDAP via SSL with
.  However there an alternative available and I have documented it at:
http://www.geocities.com/dipsth/myDocs/LDAPRealmTomcat.txt
It makes use of mozilla Java-LDAP SDK....I have successfully tested it
with Tomcat 5.0.x, but haven't been successful with 5.5.x....I guess
you need to play with custom mbeans..which comes with the jar from the
original author's site...Let me know if you are successful with the
latter version of Tomcat.